Realizing the importance of technology in the warehouse, Interlink Technologies launched in 1986. Interlink’s vision was to provide paperless, real-time information in the warehouse so that managers and supervisors could make informed decisions and keep the supply chain on track with their customer’s demands. This vision, along with the talents of software designers and programmers, placed Interlink Technologies into the category of “pioneer” in the field of Warehouse Management Systems.
1986 to 1991:
From 1986 to 1991, Interlink provided 100% custom WMS solutions using the IBM platform for development. Under the product name Link 4X, Interlink provided solutions for Uniden, TRW, Stihl Chainsaws, Toshiba and others. Interlink leveraged the robust software and their experience to create Interlink’s first Base Package, DC Wizard in 1991. Companies such as Americold, Perrigo, Abbott Labs, Clorox, Wolverton, Sargento and Dana implemented the DC Wizard software. This time was exciting because it was the beginning of a new way of doing business – technology was advancing quickly and the opportunity for companies to “computerize” their business was more than a vision, it was a reality.
In 1996, Interlink’s software vision continued to grow into the product offering WHSe-LINK® (Warehouse Link). WHSe-LINK’s® advancements included user-configurable functionality, GUI interfaces and features such as ASN, cross dock, shuttle, cycle counts, dynamic slotting, kitting, yard management and the ability to operate multiple warehouses using one system for multiple locations.
Today, Interlink’s advanced WMS offering, Warehouse-LINK®, brings complete WMS functionality to the SQL server with web-enabled technology. Offering a SQL server solution affords small and mid-size companies the opportunity to manage the warehouse with all of the “bells and whistles.”
Interlink has a very diverse client list including, but not limited to 3PL, Food, Beverage, Electronics and Electrical Suppliers, Retail Stores, Janitorial, Automotive, Home Improvement, Manufacturing and Distribution companies.
What sets Interlink apart from the competition?
- Connection With Customers – One of Interlink’s greatest strengths is developing a partnership and working side by side with the customer to provide solutions that build on ideas to exceed their visions and goals. This unique partnership connection extends to the customer service experience with access to the technical team for prompt resolution and not just a customer service rep who is unfamiliar with specifics.
- Dependable - Interlink has the reputation as one of the most dependable companies in the industry – dependable solutions and dependable support.
- Quality Code – Warehouse-LINK® software is proprietary and developed from the ground at Interlink. Interlink’s expertise and integrity revolves around software development. The code behind the screen must be clean, solid, well thought out and easy to maintain to meet the quality standards at Interlink. Note: Interlink has not inherited software by means of acquisition and Interlink will never outsource overseas.
- Technological Expertise - Interlink is often sought out for expert opinions and solutions that extend well beyond the confines of the WMS. We are happy to assist with technological issues whenever possible.
- Dedication to the Project – Interlink is committed to the success of the project as much as the customer is.